Sunday, September 10, 2006

Snellen Chart

I just got my glasses done and noticed that even with my glasses, I couldn't see the bottom row of the Snellen Chart. Worried that my glasses wasn't made well, I asked my optician whether that was normal - and she said yes.

Before I continue, let me show you a picture of a snellen chart:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Apparently, most people can see up to the red underlined row. And that already is 'perfect eyesight' but few could actually read beyond that red underlined row. I wonder how many readers can actually read beyond the red line. I know I can't... even with glasses.

Anyway, here's some more trivia for you:

Why is the letter "E" on top of all eye charts?

Read more about the chart here

2 Comments:

Anonymous Danny Collins said...

So uhm, the people who can read the letters well below the red line have a superhuman vision? :D Kidding aside, some people may be able to read those. At least, you're able to see what needs to be seen perfectly, so your glasses really work for you. The Snellen Chart does have some interesting stuff other than those letters, huh.

10:30 PM, July 04, 2011

 
Anonymous Andrew Smith said...

Amongst the different types of eye chart. why is it that Snellen Chart is the most famous?

Smith| cheap work clothes

2:14 PM, October 06, 2011

 

Post a Comment

<< Home